Facilities Engineering Supervisor
The Parliamentary Service is seeking a Facilities Engineering Specialist to support the Assets and Maintenance Manager and team. This is a great opportunity for someone with a relevant trade background to use their knowledge in a supervisory role. Ideally you will have experience in a property and facilities environment.
The Assets and Maintenance Facilities team ensures the physical structures and facilities located in the Parliamentary precincts and the leased accommodation are functional and safe.
We are looking for someone who can make a difference, is a go-getter, and will bring energy to our team.
Purpose of this position:
To provide engineering technical support to the Asset Management and Maintenance Branch (AMMB) and the associated service work contractors to assist the development, maintenance and servicing of our building facilities.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Technical problem solving assistance to the AMMB team and the external contractors
- To provide services to the Parliamentary complex in respect to all plant, equipment, services and systems
- Verify that all major asset maintenance is up to date, condition reports updated and linked to the CAMP plan for asset lifecycle replacement
- Recommendation of equipment replacement
- Perform the role of the Parliamentary Precinct Energy Manager ensuring that the facilities are operated and managed in the most sustainable manner possible.
The successful applicant will have a relevant trade qualification and previous experience in a busy complex facilities environment with a drive to provide energy efficient and environmentally sustainable solutions. Prior supervisory responsibilities would also be an advantage. You will have excellent planning and organisational skills with an ability to respond to changing demands. To stand out from the crowd, you will display initiative, great customer service with the ability to build strong working relationships across the business.
In return, you will work with an engaged and driven team, have opportunities for on-going development and work in an ever changing and interesting environment.
If you have any questions relating to this role please get in contact with Talent@parliament.govt.nz
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 22 October 2018.
The Parliamentary Service appoints on merit and is committed to EEO and good employer principles.
|Posted on||09 Oct 2018|
|Closes on||22 Oct 2018 17:00|
|Expertise||Buildings & Maintenance|
|Work type(s)||Permanent full-time|
|More details (document)||Facilites Engineering Supervisor -Sept 2018.pdf|